Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How I Came to YWAM Montana

When I got to South Korea in August 2009 I started to feel a strong desire to know God more through studying the Bible. I began, for the first time, to read the Bible through from Genesis to Revelation.

While I was in Australia with Youth With A Mission I saw some people in a training program focused on studying the Bible. My initial reaction was, "Wow, I'm so glad I'm not in that school." Later I was told about another training program YWAM provided that was devoted to studying the Bible even more in-depth. This is the School of Biblical Studies (SBS).

Though I was nervous about it, I was drawn to ask questions about the program. First I learned that the students read the Bible at least six times in the course of 9 months. I then learned that it was focused on teaching the big picture as well as important details found in every paragraph of each book integrating historical and cultural background. For a few months my fears of getting overwhelmed in the academics of studying the Bible in such an intensive program kept me from accepting it as a possibility for the next step.

Finally, one week that was particularly stressful God told me to tell a few specific people to pray for me about the SBS. Later that week I woke up with an unexpected peace.

Since then I've applied for the School of Biblical Studies have been accepted.

I'm excited to be in a program that will strengthen my foundation in my relationship with God and help me prepare to be used in more ways to fulfill Jesus' calling for as His disciples and God's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment