Thursday, June 9, 2011

End of May Update

Hey Friends and Family,

NIV Scholar Visits SBS


A few weeks ago we had Dr. Youngblood, one of the twelve scholars who translated the NIV Bible, teaching us. Needless to say, we felt very blessed to be able to spend a whole week with someone who knows the Bible so well in its original language.


One thing I learned from him: "Humility is the most important aspect of being a Christian."


Changed Forever

"I've been changed forever." This phrase came to my mind this week during a meeting on our missions base this past week. My life will never be the same after doing the School of Biblical Studies.


Looking for...Prayer


Have you ever met a pastor who didn't know the story of David and Goliath? A few months ago Chris Lautsbaugh, a man who has been working with pastors in Africa for over ten years, told me he's met a few.


He invited me to join him. I prayed about it and now I'm on my way to join the YWAM Base in South Africa from June 24th-Sept 20th to help equip pastors and congregations with a Biblical foundation.


Please pray for me as I prepare and as I leave. It's going to be hard for me to say goodbye to everyone and go to a place I don't know. I also need another $1,000 by June 24th. Please pray for that to come in too (if you feel led to partner financially, reply to this e-mail and I'll send you the info where to send support).


Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement as I've been in ministry and preparing for more ministry : )


Joel


p.s. - I recently did a teaching from Habakkuk I titled "Fear". Here's the link if you'd like to see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm6aq1O66Ms

No comments:

Post a Comment